Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More about Me.......

Well I am not sufficiently mad enough right now to post much that is scathing or insightful....Ive lately had this sort of balanced feeling, Ive accepted what I cant change and nothing is going to bother me.......until I see those ads for the brookings institute paired up with the ads on some bond issues.......Ahhhhhhhhhhggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!
Now That we have establish for those who don't know me that I live in Maine I am going to turn inward and focus on some of the boneheaded things that go on in this state,politically. Its a good litmus for the rest of the country of what not to do.....
Back to the ads.....
There is a report by the brookings institute that states that Maine is at a point where we could make an turn for the prosperous, IF we lower income and property taxes, which is pretty much a no-brainer like that ad,wish more people in power took it in......now juxtaposed with ads favoring a bond issue coming up to help manufacturing and the training that goes along with a new industry that will be enticed to this state.....I don't know the particulars as I only saw the ad last night but all I can imagine is that we are going to give more money to the university system.....and then we will have to raise property taxes or some other kind of "fee" (otherwise known as tax, but if we rename it the great unwashed masses will never figure it out)
A few years back they tried to introduce a "fee" by making us register our canoes and kayaks!
luckily it was defeated but do we sense our mentality here.......
Maine is a wonderful place to live, it has beautiful scenery,for now lower crime, and a long and rich history......but the working poor of this state are being ground down by taxes and fees and the high cost of living.....and you either muddle through, move away or succumb to the Great Equalizers and end up on the dole.....these policies have turned some of the people of this great state into trailer park welfare cases,where there used to be workers. Maybe they didn't have much but they did have their pride...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sparticus,
I feel your pain. Todays news of Burts Bees being sold for slightly under 1 billion (in cash) has me worried. Is this the second step in buying up the northern Maine woods to have a park for the masses in Boston.

Pasquinelle